Concerned About Increasing Freight Costs on Lighting, Window Treatment, and Drain Management Products? Tips to Prepare for Lower Shipping Costs.
Appmate Collaborator |
Increasing freight costs are a continued concern for U.S. businesses. Phoenix Maintenance Supply Co. is aware of this and in as many categories as possible we include freight in the price you pay.
When unexpected freight surcharges are incurred (rising gasoline prices, times of war or economic unrest, etc.) our customers can expect to see no more than the exact increases assessed on us.
Want to lower your freight risks? The best thing you can do is be prepared for your shipments and let us know in advance of any situations which could incur unexpected fees:
- If the unloading of materials takes more than 1/2 hour (typically due to the site or staff not being prepared for the delivery), freight surcharges will be assessed by the transportation company which is based on the weight of the entire shipment.
- If a large order requires palletized product, a no-dock/lift gate fee will be assessed. This is typically $50-$75. Your best option to minimize this penalty fee is to have several staff members ready to accept a shipment with knives to cut wrap around the product and unload into your storage area. Some drivers will waive the fee with help at the delivery location.
- Residential deliveries always incur surcharges, especially in rural areas. If your business is located in such a region, make sure our customer service team is aware so we can assign transportation carriers best suited to deliver to you.
- We do our very best to keep you informed of when and how your order is being shipped to you. Some carriers charge a surcharge for a scheduled deliver (e.g. you can only accept a delivery on certain days, certain hours). If you provide us this information upfront, we can assign the most appropriate freight carrier to avoid such fees.
- If someone is not present at your delivery site for a delivery, the re-delivery fee can be as much as the original transportation charges! Make sure our customer service team is informed on any schedule changes so we can save you this charge.
We want to save you money everywhere possible! Ultimately the key to saving our customers money on incremental freight charges is communication. Allow us the opportunity to take your budget into consideration and always provide the best service.
If you have questions about your delivery or how to minimize freight surcharges, please contact us.